Counselor Corner – First Quarter Highlights
● Important Senior information is located in the Class of 2023 Google Classroom; remind
your seniors to check for updates frequently.
● College Credit – 19 students are collectively enrolled in 26 college credit courses (with a
dual credit option) offered through Southeast Community College.
● College Representatives visits: Nebraska Wesleyan, University of Nebraska-Omaha
● College Fair – On September 8, Juniors and Seniors attended the Nebraska College Fair at
the SCC-Beatrice Campus. Students had access to around 40 different colleges that were
represented. A BINGO Card activity encouraged engagement with the college reps.
● Apply to College Day – On September 29, Seniors took part in this event, with 30 college
applications being submitted. Manufacturing Day - On October, 9 juniors and seniors
toured Precise Fabrication, Rare Earth Salts, and Landmark Snacks during this
NGAGE-sponsored event. Lunch & Learn was held at SCC-Beatrice, where students
learned about their Manufacturing programs.
● Pre-ACT Test – On October 12, Sophomores completed the Pre-ACT Test. The results will
provide students with predicted performance on the ACT and help inform importantly
high school course decisions. It includes both academic and career indicators, which are
designed to identify strengths and areas for improvement, providing a complete view of
students’ college and career readiness.
● Financial Aid Presentation - On October 13, 11 seniors and 11 senior parents learned
about types of financial aid, what the FAFSA is and how to complete it, how colleges
award financial aid, and where to get help with the process.