2020 Graduation Plan
Southern’s Graduation Plan
August 1, 2020
Graduation Location: Southern Jr./Sr. High School Gymnasium
Graduation Time: 5:00 p.m.
It is our number one priority to ensure the safety of our graduates and those attending the graduation ceremony. In order to do this, we must limit the physical participation and set procedures to make sure that all in attendance following the six feet social distancing guidelines.
There will be a limited number of attendees:
- All graduates will be invited to attend the ceremony.
- Each graduate will be allowed to have 16 guests attend the ceremony.
- Graduates will be seated six feet apart.
- Parties of guests will be seated six feet apart.
O “Parties” of guests includes family members that can be seated together.
- Parties of guests will be dismissed one at a time, when the ceremony is over, to ensure that social distancing continues.
- Guests will need to leave the school premises as soon as the ceremony is completed.
- We ask that parties arrive and enter the building together.
- One individual per party will be allowed to move to the aisle to take a picture of their graduate and then return to their seat.
- No group pictures will be allowed on school premises.
- There will be no receiving line after graduation.
We encourage those who are sick or at risk of contracting COVID-19 to stay at home. This includes:
- The elderly.
- People with underlying medical conditions.
- Family members who live with elderly people or those who are at risk.
- People who have access to those at risk in nursing homes.
- People who have upper respiratory or flu-like symptoms.
- People who live with someone with upper respiratory or flu-like symptoms.
- People with COVID-19 or live with someone with COVID-19.
- People who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- There will be no band or choir performances during the ceremony.
- Mr. Murphy will give the welcome and give a short speech to the graduates.
- We will have 1 or 2 seniors give a speech, if they choose to do so.
- Mr. Murphy will read the local scholarship winners.
- Dr. Prososki will present the class.
- Board President, Dave Zimmerman will hand out diplomas.
- Mr. Murphy will read the names and announce the class.
Live Streaming Graduation:
- In an attempt to give everyone in the Southern family an opportunity to watch graduation, we will be live streaming the ceremony on Southern’s Facebook page. Congratulations to the 2020 graduates!