FITNESS DECK RULES
by Carol Braun
March 18, 2005
General Facility Usage Rules
To download the Fitness Participation Form, click on the link below.
- Times the facility will be open and closed will be
- Participants must sign the daily log upon entering
the facility prior to using equipment and must sign out when
leaving the facility.
- No child under the age of 12 (by birth date) is to
be in the fitness area.
- No one under the age of 12 is to be left unattended
in the gym or commons.
- Do not bring children under the age of 12 and
expect to leave them on their own while you are using the fitness
- All Must use the South Entrance doors to the
facility to enter and to exit. All other areas of the facility are
- Locker room facilities will not be available
- Restrooms in the Commons area are available for
- Gym area is not to be used. (No basketball,
volleyball, games, running ,)
- NO food is to be brought into the
- Water must be in plastic container that is able to
be sealed and must stay with you at all times. No cups are
- Individuals misusing or abusing the equipment will
be banned for a period of one year from use of the equipment.
- Individuals will be responsible for damages to
equipment if misuse or abuse occurs.
Southern Strength & Fitness
1. All patrons must sign log
sheet upon each visit to the Weight room.
2. Patrons are responsible for all their personal belongings and valuables.
3. Observe all posted signs and equipment warnings.
4. Safe and proper use of equipment is required at all times.
5. Actions that threaten the safety and well being of yourself or others will not be tolerated.
6. Profanity, Verbal or Physical abuse will result in immediate dismissal from the facility.
7. Proper workout clothing and tennis shoes are required at all times, including workout type shorts/pants and shoes.
(Blue Jeans,street shoes and boots are not acceptable work out wear.)
8. Shirts are required at all times.
9. No students will be permitted in the weight room without Staff Supervision.
10. A parent must accompany and monitor any child under 12 years of age at all times.
11. Food is not allowed in any of the facilities at any time.
12. All drinks must be in a resealable sports-type bottle.
12. Use equipment properly and report any equipment malfunction or damage to facility staff.
13. You must use a spotter for all free bar lifts.
14. Collars are required at all times on all free weight equipment.
15. DO NOT DROP or BANG THE WEIGHTS
16. Dumbbells and weights are to be returned to their proper places at the end of your work out .
17. No weights on treadmills.
18. Please limit use of aerobic equipment to 30 minutes when someone is waiting.
19. Secure pins in Promaxima weight machines before making lifts.
20. Abuse of equipment will result in loss of Weight Room privileges.
21. No horseplay is allowed. Proper conduct will be observed at all times.
22. Please clean and wipe down equipment after use.
23. Radio head phones are required during athletic practices on the gym floor.
23. KEEP YOUR FACILITY CLEAN, DO NOT THROW TRASH ON THE FLOOR!!
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THE RULES LISTED ABOVE WILL RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF YOUR PRIVILEGES AND USE OF THE FITNESS AND WEIGHT EQUIPMENT!